Registration my not continue if you do not agree to abide by the waivers presented here. Please read the following carefully before you agree to these terms:
- I understand that submission of this application to volunteer for Brain Injury Association of Florida, Inc. (BIAF) does not guarantee my selection as a volunteer. BIAF will select the most qualified applicants based on criteria created for each individual job or event.
- I understand that the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) has established privacy and security standards that I must adhere to in the daily activities as a volunteer at the Brain Injury Association of Florida (BIAF). In accordance with the level of my volunteer activities, I must respect and keep patient information confidential whether in oral, written or electronic format as mandated by the HIPAA regulation and the BIAF HIPAA policy. I understand that unauthorized disclosure of patient information may result in termination of my service and may be punishable by law.
- I understand and agree that my volunteer service is in no way an offer of or employment by Brain Injury Association of Florida, Inc. (BIAF) and that I shall not receive, nor be entitled to receive any compensation, reimbursement or remuneration for my participation in my volunteer service unless specified for a certain event or occasion. I further agree to release the BIAF from any and all claims to compensation, reimbursement or remuneration related to my volunteer service. I also understand and agree that at no time will I be considered or deemed to be an agent or employee of BIAF.
- I understand that a condition of volunteer acceptance may involve a full criminal background check, a National Sex Offender Database check, and a Social Security or Homeland Security verification of my identity and that these may require me to supply my full name, maiden name, address, previous address, and social security number upon request.
- I agree to allow myself to be photographed in connection with programs and services provided by Brain Injury Association of Florida, Inc. (BIAF) I understand and agree that the photographs/video images may be used to promote BIAF, its services and events. I give Brain Injury Association of Florida, Inc. permission to use the photographs/videos for promotion, and this may include, but not be limited to, use in brochures, newsletters, on BIAF website(s), in appreciation letters to donors, during a presentation, etc. I understand that I am waiving my rights to privacy and ownership regarding the use of these photographs/videos for promotional purposes.
By submitting this application, I affirm that the facts set forth in it are true and complete. I understand that if I am accepted as a volunteer, any false statements, omissions, or other misrepresentations made by me on this application may result in my immediate dismissal as a volunteer with BIAF.